According to energy.gov, “an average household dedicates about 5% of its energy budget to lighting. Switching to energy-efficient lighting is one of the fastest ways to cut your energy bills.”
By replacing your business or homes’ five most frequently used light fixtures or lamps with models that have earned the ENERGY STAR rating, you can save $45 each year.
Why is going green important for consumers and lighting manufacturers?
- 90% of the energy is given off as heat
- That lost energy is money you are throwing away!
- Newer energy-saving lightbulbs provide the choices in colors and light levels you’ve come to expect. The new lights are also much more efficient — so they save business owners and homeowners money over the long term.
Did you know…?
- LED lights are up to 80% more efficient than traditional lighting.
- 95% of the energy in LEDs is converted into light and only 5% is wasted as heat. This is compared to fluorescent lights which convert 95% of energy to heat and only 5% into light!
- LED lights also draw much less power than traditional lighting; a typical 84 watt fluorescent can be replaced by a 36 watt LED to give the same level of light.
- 40% of a business’s electric bill is for lighting. The average US small business electric bill is $670 per month with $268 of that bill just for lighting.
- Installing LED lighting will save 40-90% of your business’s electric bill. Additionally, you will not have to replace lamps for 10 to 20 years, removing any maintenance and replacement costs for that period.
Trust Parker Lighting as Your Preferred Lighting Supplier
We have knowledgeable associates who can assist you in choosing the appropriate products for your specific application.
To find out more about how LED lighting can change the way you do business, contact one of our experts for more information!